Friday Criag took the day off and we went to Ellis Island. It was a freezing cold day. Ellis island has a beautiful building that the people coming to America would have to pass through to be checked before they could move on. It is a fascinating place to visit and hear the many stories of those who came to America. We passed the Statue of Liberty, but it was so cold we decided another time we will get off and walk around.
Ellis Island Waiting for the Ferry in the cold weather. This pigeon decided it was easier to take the ferry than fly to the island Ferry ride The baggage of the people coming to America New York sky line Statue of Liberty
What a great trip. This is one place I never went to when we were in the big city. I would love to read the stories and feel the history of all the people who went through.. millions..
I think I am too old to be "that cold". I don't enjoy cold, but then I would miss out on history, and family adventures. Excellent field trip for the schools
What a fun cold trip! Grandma and Grandpa Homer came over last night and it sounds like they really enjoyed staying with you guys and being with the 4 D's.
I thought Ellis Island was very interesting even though it was pouring the whole time we were there. I got a video and posters there I use in my class. The issue of Immigration is not a recent phenomenon in American society.
Mom, did your German ancestors come through there or did they sneak in somehow through Canada into Wiskahnsin?
7 comments:
What a great trip. This is one place I never went to when we were in the big city. I would love to read the stories and feel the history of all the people who went through.. millions..
Declan's eyes are so blue in that picture of him.
I think I am too old to be "that cold". I don't enjoy cold, but then I would miss out on history, and family adventures. Excellent field trip for the schools
It seems so cold there when it has been so warm here! I looved going to Elis Island when we went to New York, glad you had a good time!
We loved that trip when we went to the city. Sorry it was soooo cold. You look cold and I can only imagine. Way to brave the elements!
What a fun cold trip! Grandma and Grandpa Homer came over last night and it sounds like they really enjoyed staying with you guys and being with the 4 D's.
I thought Ellis Island was very interesting even though it was pouring the whole time we were there. I got a video and posters there I use in my class. The issue of Immigration is not a recent phenomenon in American society.
Mom, did your German ancestors come through there or did they sneak in somehow through Canada into Wiskahnsin?
Yes they did come through there and so I heard, they were all so sick and no one could understand them and they were not happy.
Post a Comment