The CIA(Culinary Institute of America) was the second part of the day. West Point was for the boys, and the CIA was for the women. We were able to go on a tour of the school. The school has about 2500 students at a time. There were a lot of white jackets moving around the campus. The cost for this school is 37,000 dollars a year. We were able to see where they practice different areas of the culinary experience. My favorite part was the baking area. We were able to watch them frost cakes, fill eclairs, make cookies, and other fun desserts. They had a really cool machine that flattens out your dough to the same thickness for cookies, bread, and things like that. After our tour we ate dinner in one of the restaurants run by the students. The service was very slow. The kids enjoyed their fruit plate, pizza and dessert, I liked my sandwhich, Craig tried a sampler of soups, which were all good, Craig, Russ and Elaine said that their meals were just ok. We had a fun day and great new experiences.

8 comments:
I didn't know places like that existed for the public?? Awesome! I want to go there on my next trip to NY. I would love the baking section too. I am partial to desserts. You guys have been very very busy!
This was a fun place. I did not know that so many students are at this college, & how they stay in shape. They have to take home food as homework, taste, and analyze, textures, colors, etc. Maybe that is why all the great chefs are overweight.
The building was very beautiful. It was a restored church and monastory. They had saved the brautiful chapel and that is where the students eat. There is beautiful stain glass windows too.
Sorry, the meals were just OK. They should have been fabulous for $37,000---HeHeHe
You guys have had quite the adventures while Elaine and Russ have been with you. How cool is that, that you went to the Culinary school. I would love to see that. Awesome!
Whoe is Declan's buddy that is with him in the picutures?
Is it Flat Stanley? I would love to visit the CIA, I think that would be very intresting to see how all that worked.
Yes, it was Flat Stanley. He went everywhere with us. He had quite the adventure. Gretchen was happy to send him back to whereever he came from.
Post a Comment