Monday, September 14, 2009

Summer Vacation

Summer Vacation 2009
This is a few of the activities we had while visiting Utah. I know there are lots more, but the pictures are on Craig's computer and he is out of town for the week. I thought that because I am so far behind in blogging that I had better just blog and miss a few pictures. Here goes a fun few weeks with Family!


This is the first time since the first year we moved to New York that we have flown out. The boys were so excited to go on an airplane. The funniest thing that happened was during the last flight Duncan started talking in his sleep and was kind of yelling at the man seated next to him. The guy looked over at me not sure of what to do, I just laughed and tried to get Duncan to wake up. It was pretty funny. I am not a big fan of flying, but it sure gets you where you want to be a lot faster than driving, and when you are tired because you have had over three weeks of no sleep, it was nice not to have a three day drive home.




Hogle Zoo









We had lots of sleepovers and lost of cousin fun while on vacation.





Sprinkler Fun!




Sunday Dinner! Craig came up with the idea to use a different place setting of mom's china at each place. They had so much fun finding all the different plates and cups. It was very creative.



Lagoon! It brings back all the memories of Stake Lagoon Day, mom sleeping on a blanket in pioneer park, and eating cold chicken out of the red cooler. Now my kids get to experience all the fun of lagoon.



It took us a little while and a vacation to finally see the latest Harry Potter movie.


Two dollar Tuesdays! Classic water slides, for two dollars you get two hours of water fun!





Homer's new tramp and glow sticks makes for lots of fun!



Lunch with papa! What a great family tradition! The Homer Boys look forward to this day every summer vacation. They can tell you what they are going to order, even before they get to the Lion House. I remember my first "Lunch with Papa". Craig and I were engaged to be married, there was only three grandchildren at the time. We had lunch at the Lion House, and then Keith took us around showing us the gardens at temple square. Who would have thought that this would turn into such a memorable tradition for all the family.











Dalton missed the high adventure for our scout camp this year, but was invited to go to high adventure in Utah with Grandma and Grandpa Homer's ward. He had a great time fishing, canoeing, hiking and making new friends.





Grandma Burgons town pool was the best, it had a slide, playarea in the water, a lazy susan, swimming area, and diving pool. We had so much fun, that we actually went twice. The best part was the price. One of the times my sister and I took 17 kids. I told the attendent, 2 adults and 17 kids, and that we were all related. She looked and me and said 20 dollars, which was the family rate. The girl next to her told her to charge us at least two family rates, and the girl looked and me and said 20 dollars. Only in Utah can you take 19 people to the pool for 20 dollars.






BYU DAY! There is a lot to see and do at the BYU campus, like eating at the cougar eat, seeing where dad spent a few years of his life, playing with the cool science experiments, buying BYU gear at the bookstore, and trying to get ice cream at the creamy which was closed for renivations (Yes, I know sad).






The boys always love the Monte L Bean museaum at BYU.






Chandlers and Erica's Wedding.






The last Sunday we were in Utah we attended the Mormon Tabernacle choir broadcast. It is always fun to hear them live. Duncan only made it half way through the broadcast, I guess to many late nights with all the cousins.




3 comments:

Grandma H. said...

Between the Burgons and the Homers your family just has way toooo much fun.. I noticed in the pictures that the Burgons have a cute little red head boy also.

Sheila said...

What an awesome vacation. We missed lunch with Grandpa. Sad.....Glad you were able to spend time with the family. Have you ever missed a summer in Utah?

Janelle said...

Gretchen missed summers when mom and dad were in palmyra?? When you guys were in the pageant?? yes??

Gretchen, we had too much fun. I love spending time with family... and man did we do a ton of fun activities. The kids get so much brain stimulation on vacations. I miss you guys and can't wait til next summer. I'm glad you didn't have to drive too, sooo long.