For Sunday dinner I decided to try making Grandma James's Peach Cobbler. I had to cut up the peaches, because some of them had bugs in them. Craig was sad not to have the pit to keep the peaches warm, but as it was cooking the smell of nutmeg spread throughout the house. It reminded me of fall, being warm, and Sunday Dinners past when all the family would meet and this would be the dessert. The kids were a little skeptical of trying the dish. Dalton loved it, Dawson said it was okay, and the other two just liked the pie crust, not the inside. I know I have done a disservice to my kids, by never having made this. Then again I could look at the positive, more for Craig and me. It was very yummy and still tasted the same, whether cut up of whole it was still Grandma James's Peach Cobbler.


3 comments:
When we were with Janelle and Bren we enjoyed a peach cobler. It was good and I love the taste of the sauce. I had not made one for a long time.
That just inspired me.....Peach cobbler for Sunday dessert.
Yes Mom made it at my house a few weeks ago. I have never made it as well, so we got the idea. Mom cut up her peaches too, let Craig know. Mom said because you don't want your guests getting a worm in the peach. I liked it just fine either way. I love the juice piping hot!!
Post a Comment