Monday, September 14, 2009

Labor Day Weekend Hike

Our friends the Turecky's invited us to go hiking for the holiday. We went to a hike up north near Lake George. It was a 6.6 hike round trip. The boys did great, I wasn't sure I was going to make it. The boys made it up the mountain 1/2 hour before me and made it down the mountain 1/2 hour before me, Hey I was just glad I made it up and back without passing out. The one interesting thing we noticed when we got to the top was that we were some of the only Americans their. Most of the hikers were from other countries. Our friends we were with are from Prague. They hike a lot and say that it is usually the foreigners that are hiking. So my question is why don't American's hike?





4 comments:

Grandma H. said...

It seems no matter where you go your family ends up hiking. Isn't the world beautiful??

Sheila said...

Gotta love a good hike! We'll be making our annual trek up to Burts' Pumpkin farm and hiking soon. Can't wait.

Sheila said...

PS You're hike would be beautiful in the fall.

Janelle said...

I love the fall time in the East. That year I went to visit mom and dad in Palmyra was incredible! 2004 I believe. wow it's been 5 years. yikes.

who knows why American's don't hike. Most people maybe don't know how close and incredible the trails are. I don't know. Great pictures.