Monday, September 14, 2009

The Living Room Couch

While we were in Utah, Craig and I visited our friends Brian and Rachel. When we walked in their house, we couldn't believe the Homer Living Room couch was still around. We were given the Homer family room couch when we got married sixteen years ago. We had given it to Brian when we got our new couch while we were living in Draper. It is still going strong and looks great. Craig always had loved the fact that he could lay on the couch and not touch either end. Brian and Rachel said they love the couch, because you can fit lots of people on it when you are entertaining. This just goes to show you, that when you buy a nice piece of furniture it can last forever.

6 comments:

Grandma H. said...

I almost laughed out loud. This is a real hoot!! That was a very good couch and we only used it for the Home Teachers. My children could sit on it on Sundays. When we bought it, it was very expensive for such a poor couple. Glad that someone else is enjoying it. I think it has a spirit to it.....

Sheila said...

That's crazy. So many memories just came pouring in my brain. And mom, we didn't sit on it on Sundays. We never sat on it. We weren't allowed. I guess that's why it has lasted for 40+ years. It still looks great and it's back in again. Can I have it?

Sheila said...

And seriously, that's one long couch.

Janelle said...

I loved that couch because our whole family could sit on it for a picture. And I loved that when I sat on it as a little girl, my legs would stick straight out. It has a very wide seat too. Not only can it fit my long lanky brother, it can last 40 years. I cant' believe that! How cool that it's still alive with friends.

Keith said...

Remember that funny couch that Kristin and I got from Grandpa Homer. The couch bed? We gave it to Brad for his apartment in the avenues and had to lug it up those crazy stairs. Well, we left it there when he left. About four or five years after that a teacher in my school rented that same apartment and the couch was still there.

Keith said...

Oh, and mom, we didn't get to sit on that couch. I remember sitting on the floor many times even though there was plenty of room on it.