Monday, June 2, 2008

Tagged

My friend Jen tagged me, so here goes.

What were you doing 10 years ago?

Who can remember that long ago? I can't even remember what I had for breakfast. Okay, let me think, I had a three year old and a one year old. I am sure I was busy with diapers, diapers and more diapers. It would be the start of summer and I am sure we were spending our days at Grandma and Grandpa Homers in the pool. I have the greatest memories of the days of summer spent at the pool. Sheila, Kristin, and I would all meet with the kids, swim, hang out, eat lunch, and let the cousins enjoy one another. Most nights Craig would just meet us there, because he knew he would get dinner. We didn't have air conditioning, so during summer there wasn't much cooking. Our neighbors called us the "Not Homers", because we were always at the pool. I am just sitting here smiling and thinking of the fun we had at the pool. I remember the Olympics, the under the sea cake, the unbirthday birthday parties and many more activities. Thanks for the memories Grandma and Grandpa Homer.

Five things on my to do list?

- Play with my boys, they are growing up way too fast.
- Spend time with my hubby, as there is just never enough alone time.
- Paint and decorate all of the bedrooms (This will hopefully be accomplished this summer and next fall. I will have all of the boys in school and am hoping to be able to accomplish house stuff.)
-Finish basement(Really this is Craig's project, but I will be standing by cheering)
-Relax, summer is almost here.

What snacks do I enjoy?

Is there anything I do not enjoy? My favorite chocolate is Lindt truffles. I love gummy things, popcorn with real butter, and any kind of ice cream. And I wonder why it is so hard to loose weight.

What would I do if I were suddenly a billionaire?

I wouldn't tell anyone especially my kids. I wouldn't want them to think they could have everything they wanted. I would take more trips with our little family and our extended family making memories. My boys would want to spend more time visiting cousins. I would also like to be able to help people when you see a need. If someone has a patch of bad luck and just needs a little help, I would love to be able to help. And serve lots of missions with Craig.

What are three bad habits I have?

1-Biting my nails when I am scared or nervous.
2-Keeping my house organized. (I love to do the deep clean, but not the everyday cleaning.
3-Procrastination; I always wait until right before a party to do a major clean, and then I am exhausted for the party. I could enjoy it more if I took a couple of days to get ready.

Places I have lived.

Sandy, Utah
Rexburg, Idaho
Salt Lake City, Utah
St. George Utah
Provo, Utah
Draper, Utah
Delmar, New York


5 Jobs I have had

1-Cashier and Inventory control specialist for Levitz Furniture Co.(first job in high school)
2-Airport Gate Agent for Morris Air. (We would like to welcome you to flight 266 with service to Seattle. Before we start the boarding process we would just like to cover a few FAA regulations....isn't it weird what your brain remembers.)
3-Travel Agent and Travel Accountant for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day(I preferred travel accountant much more than agent, I didn't like being responsible for getting people to the right country when and where they needed. There were times I had never even heard of the places.)
4-Poll Worker for Election Days(I was always the youngest one working at the polls)
5-Valet Parking for Sparhawk Parking(I get to drive cars I will never be able to afford in my lifetime)
******MOM AND WIFE (BEST JOB!!!!)*********


5 Things people don't know about me.

1-When I was in 5th grade I told my journal I was going to be Miss America and not get kicked out like Vanessa Williams.(I guess my goals have changed)

2-When I first started dating Craig I said he was a nice guy, but I would never marry him. Glad I was wrong on that thought.

3-When Craig and I were engaged we named our first girl Jessie, I guess we jinxed ourselves.

4-I get nervous in crowds when I don't know anyone.

5-I love the library and some day hope to work at a library. (I currently volunteer at one.)

**We just received Craig's dad's history and it inspired me to read over some of my journals. So some of the things above I didn't even remember until I just read them. I now see why journals are important, you just can't remember everything.

Now everyone knows a little more about me!

Who ever wants to be tagged next your up!

4 comments:

Blake said...

Thanks, Gretchen-I enjoyed that more than you know. I didn't know have of those things and you made me laugh (and miss you...tears, tears, tears)

Kimberly said...

oh, i just loved reading your tag! Oh, i am going to miss the sparhawk parking this summer, what fun it is to drive golf carts and expensive cars!

Janelle said...

ok I learned some things about you. Didn't know you bite your nails,,, I'll get on this tag one of these day.

Jojo said...

Gretchen, you are awesome! I love that you are honest and are a fun person. I miss are crazy things we did. 10 years ago we were scrapbooking and hanging out together!:)