Thursday, June 19, 2008

Piano Recital




Dawson and Duncan had their piano recital two Saturdays ago. When Duncan started piano in the fall he said he didn't want to take if he had to perform at the recital. He is not one for being in front of crowds. I told him he didn't have to, but he did need to learn the piece in case he changed his mind. He ended up performing and did a perfect job. Dawson did wonderful too. He even did his slide down the keys perfect which he had never done before. The favorite part of the recital is always the food after. The two teachers put on quite the spread and my boys always love the party after.

5 comments:

Kimmie said...

That is so cool that you have both boys in piano, do they play any other instruments?

Sheila said...

You go guys! I am teaching piano now and have 9 students. It's very fun to watch the kids progress. I haven't had a recital yet, but we may when school starts up again. Keep practicing. Piano teachers love it when you practice!

Grandma H. said...

I'm happy to hear of your recital. When we come to visit you, you have to give it again for us. With that great piano that you have, all of the family should be able to play something. Way to Go Guys.....

Kristin said...

We were so happy to visit the blog and see new posts.

Good job Duncan and Dawson on the piano. Recitals can be scary! A boy that plays the piano can really impress the girls later on.

Janelle said...

I think music is an important part of growing up and it is also important to try new things. Way to go Duncan and Dawson and being brave so that you can say I did it, I'm proud of myself....