Sunday, April 6, 2008







This weekend we had Duncan's 9th birthday party. It was Star Wars themed. I have now done this birthday 3 times, so every time I get a little better. I figure I will have one more with Declan sometime. We had Jedi training, made light sabers,(funny story about the light sabers. When I went to the golf store to buy the black tubes the guy asked me how many I would need. I told him about 16 tubes. He told me it was illegal to have more than 14 in your golf bag. I explained that they were for Jedi light sabers not golf, he laughed and then said I could have as many as I wanted.), pin the light saber in yoda's hand, and we had a death star pinata. Duncan had a great time with all his friends. I am glad we only do friend birthdays every couple of years. I don't think I could handle 4 birthdays every year.

6 comments:

Janelle said...

man, I'm gonna have to enlist you for help with birthday parties when the girls get older. I will need lots of fun ideas, but then again, what's your take on princess themes?? Looked like a lot of fun!

Sheila said...

Great party--that's exactly the them Easton wants for his party. He's never had a friend party because it just gets crazy in December and never happens. I'm thinking of doing his party in July this year for his half birthday celebration. For sure we are doing Star Wars and I will call you for all the party ideas. You're an awesome (and brave) Mom!

April 7, 2008 10:56 AM

Posted to Th

Terri said...

What a fun party! Look at all your fun ideas! x0x0x

Kristin said...

What a fun party!!! Happy Birthday to Duncan too. I am glad I only need to do a party for Kate this year. I love doing it but it is a lot of work. It looks like you went to a lot of work.

Kimmie said...

Look at you go! I love the cake! My boys are so into Star Wars too! When they get in trouble I have to ground them from their Light Sabers! Super cute and fun party!

Blake said...

You can probably count that you've done the party 4 times since Craig and you helped me so much with Lane's. And it was by far the best party he's had so far. Happy B-day Duncan.