Monday, May 19, 2008

Frog Pond




yes dad is in charge, a white shirt at the frog pond.






Look at all we found





On the way home from the Frog Pond adventure


Craig was the cool dad of the week. I was gone all day Saturday with women's conference and a parking job. When I came home the boys said that dad let them go to the frog pond, and then met up with them to help catch things and take pictures. I think Craig likes reliving his childhood at the pond. He is right in there catching the frogs. The frog pond is a favorite with the Homer boys. They love catching tadpoles, frogs, turtles and anything else they can find. They said there were hundreds of tadpoles which will mean lots of frogs for the summer. They also spotted a few turtles. What fun memories they will have, just like their dad.

8 comments:

Blake said...

It looks like so much fun. The end of year activities makes summer look so relaxing.

Janelle said...

I remember only one specific incident of frogs while living in Connecticut,,,, Craig brought in a massive bull frog and showed my mom upstairs in her room while she was sewing, and to me, the legs were like 3 feet long... it was so gross! But your boys will have great memories of that.... I still don't dare to touch frogs... however, I did like tadpoles when the guy in Royal Lane had an actual pond...

Kristin said...

The frog pond still is a fun memory for my kids and that was almost 4 years ago. Although McCoy had a new memory last summer. The joys of being a kid.

Sheila said...

That looks so fun. I remember the days of catching frogs in Connecticut. I was always right out there with the boys. I loved the spotted brown frogs. I thought they were so cute. I never did catch a massive bullfrog--they were really a challenge to get.

Grandma H. said...

Yes, that giant frog was awful, and to have Craig standing there and so proud of what he had accomplished and then to have his mother SCREAM and say get out of here. I hope he does not need therapy. Good job, Craig!!!!

Sheila said...

We just looked at the frog pictures again. Your New York frogs are way bigger than Georgia frogs. What's up with that?

Lisa Rene said...

We miss the frog pond!!!

Keith said...

McCoy is so excited to see the frogs and wants to go to New York again.