




This last weekend New York was hit with a huge ice storm. Thousands of people lost power for 3 or more days. We were lucky to have only our lights flicker. It made for a busy weekend trying to help those around us. You really learn how prepared you are when an emergency happens. Generators were flying off the shelves like hot cakes, that may be our next big purchase. This summer that was the number one thing needed in Texas. By Monday morning we were back into the 60's and all ice was gone. Oh Mother Nature!
4 comments:
I have never seen a real ice storm, and I never want to. How is that possible that ice just coats the world up there? Too cold for me. I really like the falls up there, but dang that winter....
I always thought ice storms were so beautiful. It was so amazing how it was like a coating of ice everywhere. I think the pictures look cool. Nice that everything melted. We are in the long term teens now for the next little while so our snow is sticking around.
Love those ice storms. The first one was in Connecticut. I went to drive you kids to school and discovered that there was a sheet of ice over the car and no way to unlock the doors. Had them in Palmyra also. We thought about you when they reported the storm on TV.
Wow! The pictures are beautiful. It's fun to just admire the beauty and stay home inside where it's nice and warm. And about the generator....I'm really surprised that Craig hasn't made that purchase yet. I guess he's getting a little lax in his "old age".
Post a Comment