Sunday, November 30, 2008

Tech Class




During American Education Week I got to go spend a day going to middle school. Dalton wasn't as thrilled as in years past that I came, but it is moms only chance to see what a day in the life of a teenager is like. My favorite class was Tech. The kids have been building bridges and this week they were testing the strength and blowing them up. It was fun to watch the bridges explode. Dalton's wasn't finished yet, so I went back later in the week to watch his tested. It was fairly strong and only came apart on one joint, it didn't blow up like some of his classmates. This week those that didn't blow up are being tested by having the students stand on them. I don't remember doing cool things like that in school.

3 comments:

Keith said...

So Dalton made his bridge by himself at school? Sounds like it held well, he must have learned a thing or two about bridge making. I remember Craig helping Ashton make a bridge for her class.

Janelle said...

I was just going to say that. I was still living at mom's when Craig 'did' Ashton's project for her 7th grade. I think hers was the best in the class. Figures when you have 'Builder Craig' make it, since he has a building degree and all.

That is pretty cool though. I always wanted a science class that blew things up. Oh, I still have my parachute that Stephen made for me for my egg toss in 6th grade. They threw eggs off the roof of Oakdale, and mine did not crack. It was awesome.

Sheila said...

Oh the memories! I was going to say that about Ashton's bridge but you all beat me to it. That is quite the memory. Her bridge was awesome. I remember she didn't get an A even though her bridge didn't break because she didn't use some of the official bridge building techniques. Whatever...it didn't break, doesn't that count for something?