Friday, November 14, 2008

Birthday Fun

This year was a friend birthday party year for Dawson. I told Dawson we would have his party after Halloween. Before Halloween Dawson came to me and asked if instead of a birthday party he could just take his brothers and go to build-a-bear. I asked him if he was sure about this, while in my mind I was saying yes yes yes this is much easier than hosting a birthday party. The boys had election day off and so we decided it would be a great day to go. Dawson made a cat with moose pajamas and slippers named Hobbs. Duncan made a penguin and got two baby penguins to match, his penguin was also named Hobbs.(We have been reading a lot of Calvin and Hobbs.) Declan made a Bunny, with a scarf and Hat named Softy because she is so soft. Dalton didn't join us because he says he is to old for build-a-bear. Dawson also stuffed a Turkey named Gobble for me for my birthday. He was just so cute I needed him for my Thanksgiving decorations, see Dalton you are never to old for build-a-bear. Dawson said it was a great day and everyone has been sleeping with their new friends since.

3 comments:

Janelle said...

Now that's the way to do it. Suggest a friend party and get that instead. Saves so much time and planning. I did build a bear when I was 23 with Ashton in Georgia. But, I can see how a 13 year old is a big too old to do it.... what would his friends think? Hee hee.

But, the animals you picked are so cute boys. Love the moose stuff, and the turkey is cute Gretch. Have you been sleeping with yours too?

Kristin said...

Build a Bear is fun, way to go Gretchen! I will make sure all my kids see this post because it is a friend birthday year coming up. They chose great animals I haven't been there for years and it looks like they have newer, different ones.

Who are those two girls in the picture?

Sheila said...

Great idea! All of the animals were so cute. Easton would love that.