Tuesday, November 4, 2008

HAPPY CARVING




With Sickness in the air we almost missed pumpkin carving. We finally completed the task Thursday night. The boys all love the tradition and love to get all gooey. I do have to say it is so nice that they all can do it on there own. I just get to watch and enjoy. Declan made me a little nervous, he was having so much fun cutting I wasn't sure if there would be anything left of his pumpkin. Dawson carved a vampire face, Duncan a pirate, Declan everything, Dalton a scarred up jack-o-lantern, and Brian spelled a word. It is always fun to see the different personalities come through.

4 comments:

Sheila said...

The pumpkins look great. So much creativity! You're very brave Gretchen to let them cut and use knives by themselves. It makes me sooooo nervous.

Janelle said...

I thought you were going to say, "I wasn't sure if there would be anything left of Declan",,, ha ha. Great pumpkins kids. I think Declan's is creative. It looks like a bunch of shapes? right? Must I say that Dalton has grown a foot since July.... geez louise!

Kristin said...

The pumpkins look great, isn't weird the older the kids get the harder it is to fit in things like pumpkin carving.

Grandma H. said...

Pumpkins are a lot of fun and most kids love to make the mess. Moms are so nice to clean it all up. (I do not miss the thrill)