Saturday, September 6, 2008

Great Escape

The last hurrah before school started was voted on and Craig and I lost. The boys decided they would like to go to the Great Escape. So Monday we headed out and spent the day riding rides, going on water slides and just having a nice day. All the boys even road the upside down, side twisting, make your head spin roller coaster. Declan went on every ride the older boys rode, plus enjoyed some of the little rides. Dalton who is not a big fan of roller coasters braved them all. Duncan preferred the water rapids ride, and Dawson just wanted to hit anything big and scary. Craig was the great dad and went where ever they wanted and on anything they wanted even though after about three rides he is sick for the day. Overall the kids had a great time and that's what it is all about.









6 comments:

Janelle said...

Now,,,,what the heck is that vortex of terrow with the tubes? It looks death defying,, but maybe it's not that bad?,,, was it horrifying? Good idea for the matching clothes to keep track of the kids. I'm glad Craig was a trooper and handled himself. I am getting weaker and weaker in my 'old' age. I was hoping I wouldn't be the mom who got dizzy and sick and who could go on rides, it looks like I will be now. dang.

Blake said...

That looks like a blast. Kudos to Craig for hanging in there.

Kristin said...

That water slide looks so fun!!! Good for Craig, I remember Lagoon and he had to go lie down for a moment he felt so sick.

That looks like a very fun place to end your summer.

Dunklees said...

Looks like you had TONS of fun! Rick says Craig needs to work on his tan......

Keith said...

uh, Rick, that is his tan.

And I echo Janell--what the heck is that vortex thing? It reminds me of the thing at the mall where you put a coin and it spins around forever until it ends up at the bottom of the vortex.

Sheila said...

Looks fun! What a great way the end the summer. And what a summer it has been. Gretchen, I hope you have planned a little nap for yourself on the first day of school when the kids have finally left. You deserve it! The funky twirly thing looks awesome. We have something like that at one of our waterparks called the toilet bowl. The boys loved it, me? not so much.