Thursday, September 25, 2008

Brisingr


Excited to be at the Brisingr party

Prizes won for answering questions



Dalton and Dawson have waited long to see what might happen to Eragon. On Friday night I took the two boys to borders to a "Brisingr" party. Online they said they would have activities, games, readings and lots of fun. Well I don't know about the lots of fun. The party was suppose to start a 10pm, past my bedtime. We just browsed the bookstore until 11pm when they did have a list of questions on your Eragon knowledge, with prizes from the book company, Dawson answered the first question and so they wouldn't call on him for anymore, and Dalton answered the last question, so they both received a prize. It was then back to waiting for midnight so we could purchase the new book. Dalton had been up since 5:45 for early morning band, and so he felt that he would rather be sleeping than sitting here in the book store waiting for the book. By 12:15 we had Brisingr in hand and were headed home. Both boys said that we could have just gone to Walmart Saturday morning to get the book, because the party was pretty lame.(So much for trying to be the cool mom) Dawson had first dibs on the book, because he would be leaving Monday for Natures Classroom for a week, and then Dalton would have control of the book. Dawson taunted Dalton all weekend knowing what was going to happen and all the excitement of the book. Dalton has been reading non stop this week, in fact, at back to school night his teachers were telling me that they couldn't get him to stop reading and he even read while walking in the hallways. I guess it really is that exciting. After the two read it, I guess it will be my turn. I'll let you know how it turns out.

7 comments:

Aimee said...

What a fun Mom to go to the midnight release party. Mike is reading the book right now and he loves it. I will have to jump on the wagon and start Eragon.

Janelle said...

That is pretty cool to do that for the kids Gretch! Funny that I thought you had a horrible mispelling in your title!! Ha ha.. Maybe that will be my next series,, I'm just too involved with vampires right now to be concerned with dragons..tee hee

Sheila said...

You're awesome Gretchen. I did that with Harry Potter. It's always an adventure and definitely hard to stay up!

Kristin said...

That is so cool for kids to be so excited over a book. I guess I should get McCoy to read Eragon he just finished Inkheart.

Lisa Rene said...

Stu has finished the book and Haydn read 100 pages today. I wish I could remmeber the other books so I could get as excited as they are.

Cindi said...

Nate read the first two books and has been waiting for the 3rd to come out. Have the boys read the Ranger Apprentice books? They would probably like those book. Nate loved them and couldn't put them down.

Sheila said...

Who is the author? Landon wants to try them.