Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Kauai

I had the fun experience of going to Hawaii with my parents, brothers, sisters and newphews. My brother Jeremy had invited all the adults to stay at his condo on Kauai, he said when he first offered he didn't think we would all say yes, but who can say no to Hawaii. Craig was a trooper and stayed home and took care of the boys, he was also already using his vacation time to go to Utah this summer with the boys. The boys did say that he was a better mom than me in some ways like they never had free night for dinner and they never missed scripture reading at night. Craig said he needed all the help he could get and so he made sure they read their scriptures. I had a fabulous time in Hawaii, hiking, swimming, kayaking, getting sick deep sea fishing, family fued night game, bowling, and family togetherness.


Family dinner the first night in Hawaii.


It is always fun to go to church in a new place. The building has an open courtyard in the middle of the building, and I loved the steeple being placed in the grass.





Wild roosters roam the island and are protected from being caught. It is so wierd to be out and just have roosters roaming by you.





This was a hike to a light house that ended up not being a very big light house by the hotel some of the family was staying at. I did get to play with sea urchins which was gross but cool.





This was my favorite activity. We kayaked up the Wailua river and then hiked up to some waterfalls. I am now trying to convice Craig that I need a kayak, it was so fun and relaxing.





I went deep sea fishing for the first time, and I can say that I would never, never, never do it again. I have never been so sick in my life. I was fine the first 30 minutes and then was miserable for the next 31/2 hours. I won the prize for the first one to throw up. Out of the six of us that went 3 of us were deathly sick and spent our time lying on the floor in the cabin. Even when the trip was over you still felt sick. My boys thought it was the best part of my trip, they told everyone when I got back that I paid 100 dollars to throw up. Even now writing this my heading is starting to spin, like I said I won't be trying it again.






This is the condo some of us stayed in. It was paradise, listening to the waves as you fell asleep. Walking on the beach for your morning walk. Hawaii is a magical place.



6 comments:

Blake said...

I've been wondering how your trip went. Looks like a blast (except the throwing up part). Check that one off your bucket list.

Kristin said...

How fun, I want to go to Hawaii! When I was 12 we went to Hawaii and deep sea fishing. Lisa and I got sick and it was a very miserable time. I can related to your experience it is still very clear in my mind.

What a beautiful condo!!

Kristin said...

How fun, I want to go to Hawaii! When I was 12 we went to Hawaii and deep sea fishing. Lisa and I got sick and it was a very miserable time. I can related to your experience it is still very clear in my mind.

What a beautiful condo!!

Janelle said...

So, what an exciting time! I had no idea you went to Hawaii without a husband and without 4 boys! Lucky you to just be with your family and no other responsiblity. I have never been deep sea fishing,, and I would probably get sick. I am getting worse as I get older. I get car sick now. Beautiful Hawaii and condo. Your nephews are huge,, holy cow. It's been a very long time since I have seen them. Chat real soon.

Sheila said...

What an amazing trip and to do it without CHILDREN!!!! I'm sure that was a different trip for you, very relaxing and fun. I'm glad you got to do this with your family. What great memories you will have. Remember our family trip to Hawaii? Oh the memories. All the babies and small children. What were we thinking? I'm thinking I need to go back without children.

Cindi said...

Wow what an awesome trip. That is so cool that you went on your own and had time with your family. Way to go Craig for being Mr. Mom!