


So the other day a friend of mine invited me and the boys to the park with some other mothers. When we arrived at the park my boys headed straight for the basketball court across the lawn far from the play area. My friend and the other mothers were chasing their 2-3 year old's around. I just sat on the bench feeling very out of place. My boys don't need me to help them swing, climb across bars or to make sure they don't fall down. It is just a different feeling being in that next phase, so what did I do....grabbed my friends baby so they could chase their little ones and make it look like I belonged there at the park.
5 comments:
I noticed this the other day too. I never realized how interrupted a conversation can be when we are chasing kids but when you don't have a kid to chase you just sit there feeling silly wanting to help somehow.
I'd say you are getting older but I am pretty sure I'm in the same phase....
wow, I cannot wait for the next phase... bring it on already!!!!!!!!!! Fun looking park by the way...... maybe this is some way that the gods are telling you to have another baby,, so you'll fit in with playgroup... huh huh?
I love the next phase of life. I love watching my boys who are so independent. Actually, I really have loved every phase now that I look back on it. And Janelle--enjoy the phase you're in because it's a great one!
After all the chasing you've done you deserve to sit and enjoy yourself. I actually should just take Ben and Kate to a park. I don't do that kind of stuff as much as I did with the older kids.
BTW, we were so excited to read all your new posts!!! Madeleine couldn't wait to tell me that you had several new ones.
Post a Comment