Saturday, August 30, 2008

Blueberry picking






The boys and I were invited up to our friends the Alexanders new property for blueberry picking. They just bought 130 acres at the beginning of the year and are just about ready to start building. The boys thought it was the greatest place, and were sure if the "Warriors Cats"(books) were real this is where they would live. The boys were great pickers and we ended up with a ton of berries. We have made blueberry muffins, blueberry cobbler, strawberry blueberry shortcake, and ice cream with blueberries. I froze a bunch so that we can enjoy them all winter long.

6 comments:

Grandma H. said...

Blueberries are very tasty in up state New York. We used to buy them a lot when they were in season. Now blueberries have become one of my favorite things.
And don't forget they are good for the eyes.

Janelle said...

So, who buys 130 acres? That's nuts. and it's so stinkin' beautiful. That picture with Declan standing in the ferns is just gorgeous. Very different than my desert down here. It just makes you so thankful for all different types of beauty. I have started liking blueberries finally the last few years. You are such a good cook too, I can taste all your delicious treats. Link to the pioneer woman from my blog, and then go to the cooking section. I think a few recipes ago she had a good looking one for homemade blueberry muffins with some sort of delicious sauce. check it out, there's tons of pictures too.

Sheila said...

You are just the fun Mom. Your blueberry treats sound wonderful--Don't forget blueberry pancakes too! My kids love those. Thanks for blogging. We've missed you.

Sheila said...

PS Has Dalton grown since Lake Powell? He's looking very tall.

Kristin said...

That post has made me in the mood for blueberries. I think Labor Day breakfast will need to include some. I agree with an above poster that Dalton is looking more and more like a mini Craig.

Keith said...

I'm jealous. Well, we have sage berries or something--d'oh.