Friday, December 18, 2009

Craig's 41

We have decided that maybe we just shouldn't celebrate Craig's birthday. After last year having almost forgotten Craig's birthday, yes, I know, I forgot the big "40". I blame it on the storm and most of the ward being out of power. It was a Call from Mom and Dad Homer that reminded me of his birthday. This year I decided to make up for it with a nice birthday dinner/family night with our friends the Dunklee's. We had Chicken Fajitas, fruit, and Stephanie had made Craig a delicious homemade carrot cake. The Dunklee's showed up at a little after six. I finished making the chicken for the fajitas and had the rest of the meal ready. At 7pm Craig wasn't home and wasn't answering his cell phone. We decided to start family night and figured he would show up at some point. A few minutes later Craig called, his 2pm appointment showed up at 3:15, and when he looked at the clock it was 5:30. He was in New Jersey, while driving home there were two major accidents on Route 17, he made it home about 9pm, just in time to open presents before the boys had to get to bed. We had a great dinner and party without him, maybe next year we will get it right.

5 comments:

Blake said...

Happy Birthday Craig! Wish we could be there to celebrate your day. But then again... you weren't even there. :)

Grandma H. said...

Declan could be one of those LOUD Rock 'n Roll Singers. I hope Craig appreciated his great party.

Grandma H. said...

Wow who was the creater of the Leggo birthday cake. Now that's something that takes patience and dedication.... Happy Birthday Craig. We Love You

Kristin said...

That is funny, you even sang to him without him. Loved it! That is something that would happen with Keith too. Those Homer boys.

Janelle said...

I think that is hilarious that he was late.. well not really, but maybe 42 will just be perfect!!?? Love the cake, love the lego creation..